After seeing so many queries on how to get Home Assistant up and running on Proxmox 7, we thought we would make it a little easier for those of you who are struggling a little, or like us, just like things being made a little easier for us.
What we did was simply:
- Install Home Assistant on a new Virtual Machine.
- Once the install was complete and we were presented with the Configuration Wizard, we powered down the VM.
- We then did a ZST backup of the VM and then exported the backup.
This way, all you will need to do is as follows:
- Download the backup file
- Upload to a location accessible to your Proxmox environment
- Locate the backup and click “Restore”
- Wait for the virtual machine to start and then navigate to the corresponding IP address (Remembering port 8123)
- Continue the installation via the Home Assistant Wizard.
We hope you find this useful, Enjoy!